The text below delineates the Center for Spatial Justice’s (MAD) principles and aims to inform data subjects, whose personal data will be processed by the Center, about their rights in the framework of Turkish Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (KVKK).
Data subjects, whose data will be processed by MAD, are real persons, who have shared their personal data through MAD’s e-bulletins, or as participants to MAD’s activities, employees and/volunteers, or as contributors to MAD’s activities, while not necessarily being MAD employees, or as participants of projects carried out by MAD or during activities which are not limited to the abovementioned but stated in MAD’s statute.
Data subjects’ personal data (including the personal data of special nature) can be processed with these aims in accordance with conditions of data processing stated in the KVKK and other applicable laws:
- To carry out, plan, develop or evaluate MAD’s activities,
- To collect and compile statistical data on MAD’s activities and projects,
- To reach the goals of projects carried out by MAD and for fulfilling project reporting,
- For corporate management and for the planning, development and implementation of communication activities,
- For the promotion and announcement of, and sharing information on MAD’s activities; to keep track of participants, and for audio and visual recording.
- To fulfill the legal obligations and responsibilities.
Personal data directly shared with MAD by data subjects or through channels and tools such as the website, webinar platforms, conducted surveys etc. or via oral, written or electronic platforms are kept and processed by MAD with their consent in accordance with the KVKK.
Data subjects has the right to;
- Learn whether their data is processed or not,
- Request information on their processed data,
- Learn the purpose of processing their personal data processing and whether this data is used for intended purposes,
- Know the third parties to whom their personal data is transferred in Turkey or abroad,
- Request for the rectification of their incomplete or inaccurate data, if any,
- Request for the erasure or destruction of their personal data when purposes for data processing no longer exist,
- Request the notification of the operations carried out pursuant to sub-paragraphs (e) and (g) to third parties to whom their personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means, of their personal data, which leads to an unfavourable consequence for the data subject,
- Request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of their personal data.
We guarantee that,
- We will comply with legal requirements of personal data processing,
- We will ask for the explicit consent for personal data and personal data of special nature,
- We will take all necessary technical and organizational measures to provide an appropriate level of security for the purposes of preventing unlawful processing of and unauthorized access to personal data, and ensuring the protection of personal data,
- We will keep personal data for the time period stated in the law and or for the time period necessitated by the purposes for which they are processed when such time period does not exist in relevant legislation,
- We will respect the abovementioned rights of the data subject and compensate any possible damage arising from the violation of these rights.
You can communicate your written requests by sending a letter via post to our address or via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights in the framework of the KVKK.